If you are retiring within the current school year, you must have a staff-prepared estimate in order to attend
Exit Counseling. You can request a staff-prepared retirement estimate by submitting a
Request for Retirement Estimate
Need an Estimate of your Retirement Benefit?
With the exception of Class T-G and Class T-H members, you can create your own personalized retirement estimates through the PSERS Member Self-Service (MSS) Portal. By using the estimate calculator in your MSS account, the most recent information reported by your employer is automatically entered in the relevant fields. PSERS has created a how-to video that guides you through the process of creating a retirement estimate on the MSS Portal. Class T-G and Class T-H members can use the estimate calculator on the public PSERS website to create their retirement estimates. Please note that for Class T-G and Class T-H members, the withdrawal of contributions and interest may result in a significant reduction in the monthly benefit.
you are unable to access your MSS account, you may also create a PSERS retirement
estimate using the estimate
calculator on the PSERS website. This calculator does not automatically populate your data from your account and requires you to manually enter your information using your most recent PSERS Statement of Account.
To you use the retirement calculator you must have the pop-up blocker disabled on your browser.
are vested (eligible for a monthly benefit) but are not presently working for a
PA public school, you must use the estimator in the MSS Portal or acquire a
staff-prepared estimate to ensure that your estimate uses information from your PSERS account.
are retiring within the next 12 months, you must have a staff-prepared estimate
in order to attend Exit Counseling. You can request a staff-prepared retirement
estimate by submitting a Request for Retirement Estimate (PSRS-151) form.
When not to use the Online Estimate
If you are retiring within
the next 12 months, instead of an online estimate, you must have a
staff-prepared estimate in order to attend Exit Counseling.
In addition, some members
should not use the online retirement estimate calculator. These include members
- Have a frozen annuity (you previously received a monthly benefit from PSERS).
- Are considering disability benefits within the next 12 months.
- Are a multiple service member (combined State Employees’ Retirement System (SERS) covered employment with PSERS employment) and considering retirement within the next 24 months.
- You have a benefit with the Internal Revenue Code Section 415(b) limit applied.
If you fall within these
categories, you can request a staff-prepared retirement estimate by submitting a Request for Retirement Estimate (PSRS-151) form through mail or fax. You may also request a staff-prepared estimate by calling PSERS.
Ready to Retire?
Within 12 months of your
retirement, you should:
Attend a Foundations for Your Future program.
- Request a retirement estimate by submitting a Request for Retirement Estimate (PSRS-151) form.
- Schedule an Exit Counseling session by calling PSERS. Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule a session or pass up your chance to attend. It may prevent you from making a mistake that will forever negatively affect your retirement benefit.
- Attend your Exit Counseling session. Bring your staff-prepared estimate and any other applicable paperwork (e.g. completed Direct Rollover form).
Your final step? Enjoy your
You deserve it!