Information For Enhanced PNC Cash Concentration System - Slide Presentation Training Available for New Payment Process On PSERS Employer Website
Effective April 1, 2014 all schools making payments to PSERS will use an enhanced PNC Cash Concentration (Cash Con) system. The enhanced Cash Con will allow employers to make payments to PSERS and have those payments applied to specific charges within their PSERS Accounts.
PSERS had alerted all employers of this upcoming change in the Employer Bulletins Volume 4 – 2013 and Volume 1 – 2014 along with an email blast sent to the business managers at each school. There are currently two slide presentations available on the Employer Web that will be necessary for you to review in order to initiate successful payments to PSERS. The link for accessing those slide presentations are listed below.
Be sure to turn on your speakers before starting the audio presentations.
Those employers who currently use the PNC Cash Con website to make payments should view the presentation for the Web based payments. Those employers who currently use the PNC Touch Tone Method should view both presentations as the Web presentation has information you will need to incorporate into the new Voice Center training.
Beginning April 1, 2014, listed are some highlights you should be aware of:
- A new Company ID # 64168 will need to be used
- You will need to give your bank a new Company ID, or Sender ID, (different than the Company ID listed above). This new ID is 9331739115. This ID is used if you have a debit block or filter on
- You will need to reset your password at your first log-on to the PNC Cash Con website
- The initial default password is psers072#
- Each employer will only have one User ID and password to be shared by all in your office who make payments
- Passwords now expire every 90 days
- Payments can be made to specific transactions based on the Trans #, Transaction Type (Work Report, Work Adj, etc.), or continue to have your payments applied to the oldest charges in your account
- Payments for Employer Lump Sum Purchase of Service will continue to be made as is currently done by check
For those employers who currently must use the PNC Touch Tone Method to make payments, there are some changes you need to be aware of. Beginning April 1, 2014:
- You will use a new Company ID# of 64168 as part of the payment / log-on process
- You will need to give your bank a new Company ID, or Sender ID, (different than the Company ID listed above). This new ID is 9331739115. This ID is used if you have a debit block or filter on your bank account as security for payments to be debited against your account.
- You will need to reset your password with your first call to the PNC Voice Center
- Because this is an updated system, you will use new Unit ID’s (or Location ID’s) and these are as follows: Employee Contribution Payments – PSERS9999EE Employer Contribution Payments – PSERS9999ER Member POS Payments – PSERS9999POS The new Location ID’s contain your 4 digit employer code (represented as 9999 in the above examples). You will need to use leading zero’s if your employer number contains only 2 or 3 digits.
- The initial default password is psers072#.
- The new Voice Center option is available only to those employers currently using the existing PNC Touch Tone method
- A separate phone call will be required for payments for each of the funds: Member Contributions, Employer Contributions, and Member POS
Prior to initiating payments for either system listed above, it is suggested that you view, and have available, your monthly Employer Statement of Account. This document contains the information you will need to complete the payment transactions.