Begin Main Content Area

Updating Personal Information

Your Address 

You may change your address on the PSERS Member Self-Service (MSS) Portal.  PSERS has created a how-to video that guides you through the process of changing your personal information on the MSS Portal.
You may also update your address by notifying PSERS in writing.  Please include your name, the last four digits of your social security number, former address (or name), new address (or name), current telephone number, the effective date of the change, and your signature in the letter.  
Alternatively, retired or non-active members may complete a Change of Address for PSERS Retirees form. (PDF) to change your address with PSERS.
Address changes should not be submitted any earlier than 90 days prior to the effective date of the change.

5 N 5th Street
Harrisburg PA  17101-1905

Note: PSERS will also accept: 
A different address submitted via a signed PSERS application as long as your date of birth on the form matches the information in your account.
Change of address information provided by the United States Postal Service (USPS) or the USPS National Change of Address (NCOA) database.
Address change from SERS if you are a multiple service member and from the Health Options Program third-party administrator if you are an annuitant

Your Name

If you are changing your name, PSERS may require additional verification, such as a copy of the court order granting the name change.  This is especially true for any name change resulting from anything but a marriage.  

Your Gender

Please contact PSERS to correct your gender.

Unacceptable Requests

PSERS will not accept address or name changes:

  • From an email
  • By phone
  • From anyone but you

If you have named a Power-of-Attorney (POA) (PDF) and the POA was approved by PSERS, the POA may change your address on your behalf.